What does the national medical media say about our COVID-19 Guide?
” To help practices understand their context, Dahm has put together a 170-page survival 101 guide, which is available HERE. Due to the challenging environment, Dahm is updating the guide daily, and he expects some updates to be directed by feedback he gets on the guide.
The guide, called Kicking COVID-19: General Practice Continuity Checklist Guide, breaks down the key things a practice will need to do to assess its situation and plan for survival, or in some cases, exit. The guide is mostly in an infographic format for ease of communication.”
Where to from here?
Now is the time to stay in touch with your accountant and experienced specialist healthcare practice advisors.
For a free survival 101 guide, which click HERE
So you can answer these important questions.
How GP Practices can positively respond to the COVID19 crisis
Risk Assessment – questions you need to ask yourself now!
- How can I keep staff morale up?
- How can I keep everyone safe we have no or little access to protective equipment?
- We need an emergency checklist plan? Where can I get one from?
- My pathology company due to low pathology referrals wants to terminate my lease what should I do? What about my other tenants who rely on GP referrals?
- What does Fair Work say about reducing staffing hours or changing roles?
- Reduce unnecessary but important workloads. How can I outsource e.g. cost-effective peace of mind book keeping to a registered and experienced and up to date healthcare tax agent to access government financial relief fast?
- What systems do I need so we can reduce face to face meetings that are cost-effective,peace of mind, easy to install either DIY or with support?
- What happens if I get sick? Updating your will and friendly creditor arrangements? Who will take over and how?
- Who can I call who is across all these issues and is keeping up to date? Can they supervise us or nudge us along in case we miss anything?
Warning this is being updated daily. We recommend you visit daily for new updates.
For the latest peer-reviewed practical tips and updates from people like you
1. Join our Facebook Community (see the guide for more information)
2. After you have registered, book mark the Kicking COVID-19 General Practice Checklist Guide
Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser, Registered Tax Agent, Former AGPAL Surveyor 10 years of service
David Dahm is CEO and founder of the national medical and healthcare chartered accounting firm Health and Life and global Founder and CEO of the not for profit project the International Healthcare Standards and Ethics Board (www.ihseb.org)
After a serious work related car accident in 1989, and nine operations later I continue to be a patient and provider advocate. I enter my third decade as a national Chartered Accountant for Medical and Healthcare practices in Australia. I am a former 10-year Australian General Practice Accreditation surveyor. I come from a medico family. I have served on the AAPM national Board and was the inaugural national Chair of the Certified Practice Manager CPM post nominal. I continue to provide accounting tax and practice management advice to many practices all over Australia.
You know who you are and I thank you for this real honour and privilege to serve you and your community through you. Note, I am not a lawyer please seek appropriate legal and accounting advice. This information is for general information and discussion only.