Effective Time Management
Are you making excuses to yourself, for not getting something done? How you do it?
The biggest barrier to people not achieving their goals is poor time management, not setting priorities and allowing excuses to let us missed deadlines.
The starting point is to have an effective system that makes you accountable to yourself and others. This will help you deal with the big and small stuff without having to stress about it. Working in teams and effective delegation is critical.
- Overcoming procrastination read on
- “I’m too busy” is not a good excuse when your livelihood is the important thing you need to consider. People you care for depend on you
- Time is the easiest thing that can be managed
- Put a practical action plan in your diary. Start now by taking small steps such as making a call to your advisor or writing some key points on the back of an envelope on what you are going to do next. Being accountable to yourself is critical. Using the “Plan, Do, Check & Act” program can easily overcome this problem. Read on.
- To find out more about yourself and why do anything Read on…
Chartered Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser, Registered Tax Agent, Former AGPAL Surveyor 10 years of service
David Dahm is CEO and founder of the national medical and healthcare chartered accounting firm Health and Life and global Founder and CEO of the not for profit project the International Healthcare Standards and Ethics Board (www.ihseb.org)
After a serious work related car accident in 1989, and nine operations later I continue to be a patient and provider advocate. I enter my third decade as a national Chartered Accountant for Medical and Healthcare practices in Australia. I am a former 10-year Australian General Practice Accreditation surveyor. I come from a medico family. I have served on the AAPM national Board and was the inaugural national Chair of the Certified Practice Manager CPM post nominal. I continue to provide accounting tax and practice management advice to many practices all over Australia.
You know who you are and I thank you for this real honour and privilege to serve you and your community through you. Note, I am not a lawyer please seek appropriate legal and accounting advice. This information is for general information and discussion only.